The process of renovating our home is a stressful one, and with the many small details that have to be looked over, it can be really easy to forget about some things at some point. However, one detail that you should not skip over is the choice of plaster that you opt for. Most people go for cement, polymer-based and normal plasters, however, we would strongly advise opting for a lime plaster instead. You can, of course, ask your lime plastering Cambridgeshire expert for their take on the subject, but if you are looking for reasons, you can keep on reading below:
- Lime plaster is known for being a breathable substance, so it allows air and vapor to permeate and pass through it. This means that there is no buildup of vapor or moisture within your building or the material. This ends up protecting your cement, timber, etc.
- Given how lime plaster allows vapors and moisture to pass through it, it can act as a natural humidity controller since it will not allow the humidity and vapor to build up, which means your interior will feel less humid which is always a blessing.
- Mold is every homeowner’s nightmare, and lime plaster is the best way to prevent mold without actually having to do much. Lime will prevent moisture from seeping into the walls, something mold needs to grow and thrive in, and lime is a natural disinfectant, even when it is in the form of plaster, so the likelihood of mold growth when you have had lime plastering done is very low.
- Lime plaster is a flexible material in general, so even when after it dries and the building moves, expands, or shifts a bit, it will not give in and crack the way cement would.